Here lies a recipe featuring two of my most favourite things – potato and corn. These tikkis are soft and fluffy on the inside, and deliciously spicy.
2 largish potatoes (around 400g)
1tbs dried breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp salt
handful of chopped coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garam masala
oil to shallow fry
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal sized chunks. Pop into a large pan, fill with cold water, and bring to boil until potatoes are soft. Drain and mash, leave to one side.
- Place the sweetcorn in a bowl and with a handheld blender, blend for a few seconds just until half the sweetcorn is blitzed. Add to the potatoes, along with the breadcrumbs, garlic granules, salt, coriander and spices. Mix through well.
- Make around 10-12 golfball size balls of the potato mixture, then flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a moderate heat. When the oil is hot enough, add as many tikkis as you can in the frying pan, without squashing together. Fry until the base is golden and crispy, then flip over and do the other side. (Try not to flip over too many times).
- Once done, remove and place on a plate with kitchen roll.
- Serve with a chutney or sauce of your choice!
If you like the sound of this (or have a corn thing, like me), check out this lip-smackingly good corn curry.
One Comment Add yours
Looks absolutely delicious!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person